Monday, October 16, 2006

The Trauma of Things

Being a responsible citizen of the United States, I am a consumer. There are times when this is good, as when I am boosting the economy with my purchasing power. Then there is today.

I own a car. Most adults in the US own a vehicle of some sort or another and what I own is a car. A 2001 car, a car that has given me no problems. Until today.

On Friday, while coming home from exercising, I heard a stone hit the car. I looked around and saw nothing untoward. Everything seemed to be blissfully intact. I have had stones ping my car with impunity on several occasions over the years.

Historic flashback: I was visiting my niece in Arizona, land of intense heat. The temperature was in the 110s during the time I was visiting. It was hot. We were driving along and her windshield cracked. A small pop was heard and then there was a small crack in her windshield. She called the insurance company while we were still on the road. They came to her house the next day and repaired her windshield.

Today, I was in the car again for the first time since Friday’s excursion to the gym. I was going to the gym again and I noticed an odd line in my windshield. It was quite a long line on the passenger side of the car, right in line with looking for oncoming traffic if one wanted to turn left.

So I got home and called my husband, which probably wasn’t what I was really supposed to do. He told me which glass replacement company he had used for his company car, which was what I really wanted to know when I called.

So I called the insurance company, and they were very nice. They recommended the same glass company as my husband did. They even said that they had an agreement with them that allowed for direct billing. So I called the glass people and talked with a helpful person.

Since my niece and my husband had both had little chips in their glass repaired, I asked about repair rather than replacement. I thought that the rule of thumb was going to put my glass problem into a different category. It did. My crack is over five inches from end to end and it curves, making the overall length even longer.

They will come next Monday, the first day that worked for me and was open for them. They will replace my windshield while the car is inside my garage. I have zero deductible, the bill will go directly to my insurance company.

It is terrible when your stuff doesn’t stay pure. It is wonderful when so many people were so nice and did their jobs so well that it isn’t really going to harm me over much to have had this small crisis. I like when things work.

5 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, longchamp pas cher, polo outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, replica watches, kate spade outlet, replica watches, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, burberry pas cher, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike roshe, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, nike free run, ray ban sunglasses

8:33 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, ghd hair, ray ban, p90x workout, hollister clothing, instyler, asics running shoes, herve leger, lancel, babyliss, louboutin, mont blanc pens, longchamp uk, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, baseball bats, converse, hollister, soccer jerseys, soccer shoes, nike air max, chi flat iron, insanity workout, bottega veneta, reebok outlet, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, nike air max, converse outlet, celine handbags, timberland boots, iphone cases, beats by dre, north face outlet, wedding dresses, vans outlet, mac cosmetics, lululemon, mcm handbags, oakley, gucci, nike roshe run, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike trainers uk, hermes belt, jimmy choo outlet, vans, nfl jerseys

8:33 PM  
Blogger على محمد said...


افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالقطيف
افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالاحساء
افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالجبيل
افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالخبر
افضل شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخبر
افضل شركة تنظيف بالدمام
افضل شركة تنظيف بالخبر
افضل شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
افضل شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
افضل شركة تنظيف بالقطيف

7:25 PM  
Blogger menna said...

تاتش
رقم معلم تركيب انترلوك بعجمان
انترلوك رخيص في الامارات
تركيب طابوق بعجمان

1:57 PM  
Blogger menna said...

شركة تعقيم في العين
شركات تعقيم المنازل في العين

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home