Friday, April 03, 2009

Another Day

Once again, there is trouble in the world of adults. One might think a group of adults could behave in a manner consistent with decorum and grace. One would be wrong. It is enough to give one a headache. Or maybe two or six or so.

And so another day might have been ruined. Except life is nothing if not for the choices we make. And I have to choose to do the best job I can and then realize some people just opt to be Mr. or Ms Crankypants.

Rather than permitting the Crankypants Contingency the power to ruin my day, I will choose to look at all the good things out there in the Rest of the Entire World instead.

Today was a beautiful day. The sun came out after several days of rain. The grass is turning the delicate shade of spring green as are the buds on the trees. The flowers are blooming. Even the kudzu is in bloom this time of year, making a beautiful and delicate lavender patchwork quilt spread across the trees.

I opened my office windows and a fresh breeze blew in. It was cleansed from days of rain and the pine pollen seems to have vanished, if not entirely then at least enough to not be an irritant.

My stint at the hospital as a volunteer was pleasant. The work load today was light and the nurses were congenial and the doctors were delightful. And, with all my work completed, I left an hour early.

I went to the grocery store and got a loaf of my favorite bread, sliced and now ready to brighten my breakfasts for the coming days. Cranberry and walnut bread is a great way to start the days. Add some fresh brewed coffee and fresh fruit and the meal becomes a feast.

I got a couple essays done today and learned about Australia's national airline and the RAF pilot who broke the sound barrier, on land. I suppose there are people who always need to push the envelope. I'm not certain why anyone needs to drive over 700 mph for any distance, but it probably is quite a rush, as it were.

Dinner was nice. Dick and I ate out on the lanai, with the windows open and a soft breeze blowing. Even the food was good.

My sister called and had some funny stories. Well, they were funny now and as she told them, but since it was my sister telling the stories, they had just a twinge of the horrific, as only her life can hold. It is always nice to talk to my sisters and the laughter always brightens even the darkest of days.

So, all in all, it was a good day. And I'm grateful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home