Thursday, December 20, 2007

My December Life

So, you may be asking yourself, just what has she been doing since last she wrote here. Well, I have been quite busy.

I have been having trouble with my left great toe since October. I spent one evening in the hospital and two weeks on antibiotics. I wore only slippers for weeks and finally got up to cloth tennies. But my foot wasn't healing in what I considered a proper fashion. I went back to my family physician who sent me to a podiatrist who told me that I should have the nail removed. And so I did. He said it wouldn't hurt. He lied. It didn't hurt while he did it, but I'm all the way back to cloth tennies again. And my foot is even uglier than before.

I have been to the world's ickiest Christmas party. It was a business Christmas party and there was little joy or peace either on Earth or at the restaurant. It was extremely tense and very unfestive. They didn't even give the boss a Christmas card that had passed around the office for people to sign. All the boss got was the check. Not even a toast. Nothing.

I've baked several kinds of Christmas cookies. Chocolate cherry with chocolate frosting cookies, best kefli, thumbprints, fruit drops, cherry cookies with dark chocolate kisses, cream wafers, and chocolate snowballs. I've not only baked and frosted them, but I've eaten quite a few of them. Probably too many, but skinny is overrated.

I next took a long weekend trip to Treasure Island, Florida to visit the in-laws. Everyone was doing just fine and Ryan is the cutest one-year-old boy in the entire world. We played with the baby, saw a boat parade, and just happened to visit Mario's Restaurant on Madeira Beach where they have the world's very best cannoli. I had cannoli. It was great.

Then back home and back to the local Italian Ristorante where the horrid Christmas party had taken place. This time it was again with business associates – but unlike last time, these were nice people and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The evening was pleasant and full of good cheer. Just like Christmas should be.

I've been writing several shorts for MWC's The Station and the members have opted to put them together and sell them as a book on Lulu.com. I have no real idea what any of that means, but what it meant personally was that if it was ever going to get done, someone had to do the editing. Two people volunteered, neither one had the time to do it, and so I spent two days copying and pasting and finding and replacing and reading and adjusting and emailing the finished product off to the guy who said he would put it together.

The other horrid task for the month has been reading a book for my book club. It was science fiction and I enjoy science fiction, usually. It took me three weeks to read this book. The book was 422 pages long. The back story took 66 pages. There were more pages of weaponry explanations and tactical maneuvers than any old lady needs to read. I struggled through the book and finally finished it with a good 4-5 hours to spare. It is the first of series of books that now number 11 titles. When I asked why I should read the next tome, I was told that they get better. In 422 pages I had only one-dimensional stereotypical flat characters, but if I gave the author another 800-1200 pages, it would get better.

I have finally gotten back to writing for RGQ and/or my own series of books. But I'm less interested in it than I should be. Once I get writing and into the swing again, I'm sure that my enthusiasm will again perk up.

I still have some Christmas projects to finish and shopping to do. And then I should write something for my blog. Because, you see, I am in terrible danger of being reprimanded by my son for not writing on my blog. It's just so sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home