Thursday, June 19, 2008

And So It Begins

I have officially begun my sister vacation. It is a working vacation. I will be helping out with the packing and sorting and moving and unpacking. It sounds like a lot of work. But with three of us, it will be less.

They picked me up from the airport and we stopped for something to eat on the way home. We had a quiet evening. But we did manage to sort through a couple of boxes of stuff and get it ready for either moving or a yard sale.

It seems so odd that I will soon have no place to call home in Elyria. Even when Mom's house was sold, I still had a home here. I've always had a home here. Ever since I was born. Here.

We are on to the next adventure. We three sisters will be separated by hundreds of miles of geography and less than a hair's breadth of heart. No matter how far away on the globe, my sisters are one button away on my phone. One click away on my computer. Close.

Even far apart, we are close. I can't imagine warring with my sisters. Even the one who snuck into my closet and wore my clothes or ate my personally purchased chocolate. Certainly not the one who gave me all the 'shit jobs' while we baked thousands of Christmas cookies. Nope. These are my sisters. My lovely, wonderful sisters.

And we get to be together working and driving across the country. Four weeks of work and fun. Four weeks of playing games, telling stories, and laughing. Four weeks. Far too short a time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful post.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home