Sunday, November 02, 2008

Leave Me Alone

I've written in the past about my complete dislike for telemarketers. I'm on the Do Not Call list and it has helped tremendously. Apparently, political pollsters are not part of the group constrained by the list, but that's not my issue.

Yesterday, I was at my computer when I saw two women approaching my house. They were unfashionably dressed and carrying books. Always a bad sign. I knew they were going to try to sell me God. I hate being sold someone else's brand of God. I have my own brand, thank you very much.

I wrote about it at
MWC. And I've been amused and astounded by some of the comments. I feel as if I'm assaulted when uninvited people enter my domain. I see absolutely no difference between a telemarketer and some door-to-door God-seller. I have been able to read for 50 years now and if I were in need of either God or cable service, I could let my fingers do the walking through the yellow pages and find out where to go in search of either.

I'm sure when the two families left here, all they did was go around the corner and start again. How terribly unfair to the little girl they were forcing on this outing. She looked to be the same size as Aiden. How cruel it would be to take him canvassing door-to-door instead of allowing him to benefit from the beautiful place God made for mankind. I just kept thinking the darling kid should have been on a soccer field. The parents weren't taking care of her needs, but forcing a small child to take care of their needs. Poor parenting if nothing else.

I also noticed it was the women who came sans child to my house. I guess they felt less likely to be sworn at. So the little girl went with the two men. I guess she was supposed to keep surly homeowners from swearing at her dad. Another point for poor parenting. I didn't swear at the women, but not because of anything to do with them, but more to do with my own code of conduct. If I were in the swearing frame of mind, I would have been doubly encouraged by the presence of a child, not quelled. I mean, if you don't want irate homeowners to swear in front of your kid, leave the kid at home. This is not rocket science.

I am about ready to find a Jehovah's Witness hall and stand in the parking lot after services and preach Catholicism. I know the drill. I can recite the Nicene Creed and offer them salvation through Jesus Christ as first delivered here on Earth, not some watered down subsidiary, but the real deal. The Church with Peter, who was the rock Jesus built his church upon. Says so right in that book they were carrying with them.

But that would take some effort on my part and frankly, these dimwits aren't worth the time or trouble. I'm dismayed at their use of children, however. It seems like I should have called Children's Services or something. There has to be some way to protect small children from incompetent adults.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Autism Dad said...

i am glad your brand of God, you sound like the Romans who worshiped everything under the sun and including the sun...how willing are you to test your faith? I am a catholic for over 30 years and not once have i tested my faith, what am i afraid of, of being wrong?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home