Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still Not Skinny!

I wish it was that instantaneous. Getting fat wasn't that quickly accomplished, so I need to practice patience. And fortitude.

That's the part I wish to briefly discuss. Fortitude. My exercise machine arrived on Tuesday and I have used it every day since. I barely got through Tuesday. I was pushing the thing too fast. That was stupid, but I'm a novice at this.

On Wednesday I was smarter. I put my book on CD on and still burned calories and still went at a reasonable pace, but my heart didn't try to leap out of my chest and run for cover hiding in the bag of potato chips. I burned about 10 fewer calories and felt much better.

Wednesday evening I finished my book on CD. Oh no. An excuse. My plan was to listen to books while I exercised and I had no book to listen to. I searched for an escape clause and smiled slyly.

Thursday I got a CD of 1960s songs and fired up the elliptical and did my 15 minutes getting about the same results as Wednesday but not as easily. I can keep up a steady pace and not kill myself when listening to books, but when exercising to music, I tend to go at the pace of whatever beat is playing on the CD. This turned out to be problematical.

Friday I volunteer at the hospital. Ah ha. Another excuse. Poring over my escape clause manual, I found it right there. Working and exercising. Tough it out, you weenie. So I set my alarm early enough to be able to get my fat ass up on the elliptical prior to going into the hospital.

And now, the conundrum. What am I supposed to do with Saturday? Do I need to exercise on the weekends? Do I only take Sunday off? I AM taking Sunday off. There was never any question about that. But I didn't know what to do about Saturday. Is this an escape clause thing? Was I 'supposed' to exercise today or not?

I have no idea what my plan is. I have no plan so I have no idea what it is supposed to even look like. So instead of letting myself get a day off, I got back up on the elliptical, again with a book on CD. I really need to keep a stock of these on hand. I have a much easier time not competing with a beat. I did my 15 minutes.

Now, all I need is a plan. I have two different sets of goals for next week. I have no idea which set to go with. I need a personal trainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home